2021 HAPPY TRAILS PARADE OFFICIAL RULES, REGULATIONS, AND LIABILITY WAIVER
RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE
I hereby attest that I am duly authorized representative of the below-named Individual or Organization, authorized to act on their behalf, that I have carefully read the description of the program(s) for which we are registering, and in consideration for being permitted fully understand that my participation in the Happy Trails Parade exposes myself/my organization to the risk of personal injury, death or property damage. I hereby acknowledge that I/WE are voluntarily participating in this event/class and agree to assume any such risks.
I hereby release, discharge and agree to hold harmless the Apple Valley Village Property-Owners Business Improvement District, The Town of Apple Valley, it’s officers, vendors, event manager, volunteers or staff for any injury, death or damages to or loss of personal property arising out of, or in connection with, my participation in the event/class from whatever cause, including the active or passive negligence of the Apple Valley Village Merchant Association, Town of Apple Valley it’s officers, vendors, event manager, volunteers or staff or any other participants in the activity.
In consideration for being permitted to participate in the event/class, I hereby agree, for myself, my organization, my heirs, administrators, executors and assigns, that I shall indemnify and hold harmless Apple Valley Village Property-Owners Business Improvement District, The Town of Appley Valley, it’s officers, vendors, event manager, volunteers or staff from any and all claims, demands actions or suits arising out of or in connection with my participation in the event/class.
I consent and authorize The Village Property and Business Improvement District (PBID) to copyright, use and publish any of the images in any format taken of me on this day. I understand these images may be used for a variety of purposes and may appear on The Village PBID website, newsletter or social media. I also understand that The Village PBID will use the images exclusively for PBID-related purposes and for possible commercial gain. Since anyone can download an image from the Internet or make copies from printed materials, I agree The Village PBID is not responsible for unauthorized use of the images. I am aware that I am not entitled to any compensation and that the images may appear with or without my name.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS RELEASE I/WE AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD THE ABOVE PERSON OR ENTITIES FREE AND HARMLESS FROM ANY LOSS, LIABILITY, DAMAGE, COST, OR EXPENSE THAT MAY INCUR WHILE PARTICIPATING IN THIS ACTIVITY. I AM AWARE THAT IT IS A FULL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY AND SIGN IT ON MY OWN FREE WILL.
By signing below, I acknowledge I have read and understand this Liability Waiver & photo release.
- Prospective entrants must submit the official application(s) prior to the entry deadline for consideration by the Parade Selection Committee. All entrants will be notified of application status by phone or email. Apple Valley Village Property-Owners Business Improvement District is not responsible for any cost incurred by applicants at any time before, during or after parade selection.
- Information will ONLY be given to the key contact whose name appears on the application. That person will be responsible for communicating with the rest of your group.
- Complete, sign and return the application and liability forms no later than September 25, 2021. Applications can be printed on -line at applevalleyvillage.com or picked up at The Town of Apple Valley 14955 Dale Evans Parkway Apple Valley CA 92307. Town Hall Building Park & Rec Dept 760.240.7880 For questions contact the Apple Valley Village PBID at 760-810-9856. Contact E-mail for event is Lovella Sullivan [email protected] or Eileen Vindiola at [email protected]
- If you wish to display your entry at the street fair after the parade let the event manager know so we can reserve space for you.
- No entries, in the performance of drills or other display, may stop to perform or cause any delay in the parade. Major disruption in the parade flow will not be tolerated and may result in disqualification and/or denial of future parade applications. You must keep in motion
- Apple Valley Village Property-Owners Business Improvement District and designated event coordinator reserve the right to refuse entry to any applicant at any time.
- In the event of cancellation, notification will be made by 6:30 a.m. the morning of the parade via media (i.e. radio) and parade representatives. There will be no alternate parade date. There will be no refunds only credits for entry fees for future dates.
- Any motorized vehicle must be in good working order with functioning brakes. Leave a safe stopping distance between you and the group ahead of you.
- No political campaigns or signage for re-election will be accepted in the parade. Dignitary must be in office. Entries expressing political or social views are strictly prohibited and will be denied parade entry.
- Detailed line up instructions will be e-mailed to you a week before the event.
- ALL LINE UP AREAS WILL BE CLOSED TO THROUGH TRAFFIC DURING CHECK-IN. Parents will not be permitted to drive into barricaded areas to drop off children. There will be designated drop off and pick up areas for parents and marching units. Parade line-up will be at the discretion of Event Manager.
- Access to the Parade Assembly area will open at 7:30 a.m. and close at 9:30 a.m. All judged and non-judged entries must be checked in by 9:30 a.m. Detailed instructions will be e-mailed prior to the event.
- The parade will begin at the corner of Central RD and Outer Hwy 18. Travel west towards Pawnee RD, left onto Pawnee and disperse at Powhatan RD. *Note: Parade route is approximately 1 mile long.
- All entries will be judged en-route. A reviewing stand will be located along the route. The parade will start promptly at 10:00 a.m. Winners will be posted on the applevalleyvillage.com website by Wednesday October 14, 2021. We reserve the right to change or alter the rules at any time. Prize ceremony TBA.
- Place your number on the Left-Hand Side in order to give a clear view of your entry to judges and cameras.
Decorations & Music
- All entries in floats and wheels must be decorated PRIOR TO LINE-UP. Type of decorations and float must be approved by parade committee. You will be contacted within 10 days of submitting application for float approval.
- Distribution of any substance (i.e. candy), literature, or objects (i.e. balloons, toys) either from the parade entry or by individuals associated with the parade entry, will not be tolerated on the parade route. Entries who do not comply with this rule will be removed from the parade, even en route, and automatically disqualified for awards and/or denied future parade participation.
- Amplification equipment may be used only for playing of themed music. No vulgar, profane or illicit music will be tolerated. Volume must be kept at a reasonable level. Any other use of such equipment may result in immediate disqualification. In addition, any entry wishing to engage in oration of any sort must submit a copy of said message to the parade committee for approval. If you plan on having music as a part of your entry, please let the event manager know for line up purposes.
- Entrants will construct their entry so that it will be safe on public streets and the construction will not endanger the health or safety of any individual on, with, or in the observance of the entry.
- A helmet must be worn by each cyclist, including but not limited to motorcycle, bicycle, roller blades, unicycle, etc, in accordance with State and City laws and rules set by the Parade Committee. No exceptions will be made.
- Dune buggies and other “off-road” vehicles may enter provided they are brought in on a trailer or towed to and from the parade route.
- Parade officials reserve the right to disqualify entries that are deemed unsafe (i.e. overloading of truck beds).
- No member of Apple Valley Village Property-Owners Business Improvement District, the Board of directors, as individuals, associations, event management or staff as a group, will be held responsible for accidents to the entry or its occupants while being transported to/from the staging area, or while participating in the parade. This includes, along with other accidents, those caused by traffic, by breakdown, by fire and/or carbon monoxide gas.
- Children riding on floats or flatbed trucks must be seated if there are not protective restraints.
- All dogs must be kept on leashes and held by someone strong enough to mange them.
- Equestrian entries must always be in control of their animal in the assembly area(s) and parade route. If your animal spooks or becomes unmanageable, please remove yourself from the parade route and exit using a side street or parking lot immediately.
- All decorations must be fire retardant and all motorized floats must secure inspection and approval as deemed necessary by the Sheriff and or Fire Department prior to the event.
- The Town of Apple Valley is a Proud Sponsor of the events that are Hosted by The Village in Apple Valley. Although this is not a Town event all the regulations of the Town of Apple Valley apply to events that take place within the Township.
2021 PRELIMINARY Parade Instructions:
Routing & Instructions may change as we approach the day of the event. Finalized instructions will be e-mailed 7-10 days prior to the event. If you do not use e-mail, please let us know.
To ensure your participation goes as smoothly as possible, below you will find preliminary information for your preparations. All line up areas will be closed to through traffic during check-in. All roads in assembly/staging area will be closed off by 7:00AM. Access to the Parade Assembly area will open at 7:30AM and close at 9:30AM. Parents will not be permitted to drive into barricaded areas to drop off children. You will park outside the assembly area and walk in. If you have participants that have limited mobility let the volunteers at the check point know.
Instructions and a map will be e-mailed to you prior to the event. Check-In will be from 7:30AM-9:30AM. All Participants must be checked in and in line by 9:30AM. Please be patient and aware of traffic and other participants when checking in. Use your best judgment and be safe.
- There are two Check-In areas: One for Marching Units and one for all other participants. If you have people marching with your float you will check in at regular check in. Float vehicles, classic cars/car clubs, tractors & equestrian you will be allowed access from the manned road closure at Central Road and Powhatan.
- Marching Units access your check in area on Pauhaska RD (instruction below)
- Only one person from your group needs to check in and pick up your entry number. We will direct you to the area director for line up. The rest of the group will form in the areas described on the next sections. Check in with your area director for line up.
- Do not switch places in the lineup. By switching with another group you and the entry you switch with will be disqualified from judging.
- The parade will start promptly at 10 a.m. but be ready to step off at 9:45.
- The judging stand will be located along the route. Judging will be en-route.
- No vehicles except those riding in the parade are allowed on the parade route or assembly/staging area at any time.
- There is no parking in the assembly/staging area for non-parade vehicles. There is neighborhood street parking only. If you need special consideration to enter the assembly area due to limited mobility of a participant; please let the staff at the road closure know and they will direct you. Once you drop off please remove your vehicle from the assembly area immediately.
- Portable restrooms will be available at the assembly area and near the parade route stages. Stage locations: TBD
- If you have a medical emergency please notify EMS by calling 911.
Assembly Locations for Parade Participants
Entries will be processed according to the directions below. Do not drop off participants at Central and Hwy. 18.
Floats: You will enter from North Bound Central RD at Powhatan: You will line up along Central Rd. Please send a member of your party to check-in before you place your float vehicle & trailer. If you have people marching with your float, they will line up with your float entry. They do not have to check in at the Marching Unit area.
Tractor groups: You will enter from North Bound Central RD at Powhatan. You can unload in the field off Shawnee then line up on Shawnee RD. Regular Check-In area.
Classic Cars/Car Clubs You will enter from North Bound Central RD at Powhatan. Your line up area is Outer Hwy 18. Please check in at the Regular Check-In and we will direct you to your area director for line up access. You can park along Niabi RD while you Check-In and find your spot. If you are putting your car on display at the street fair after the parade you will be directed after the parade on where to park.
Marching Units: Marching units will access Check-In off Pauhaska just north of Itasca RD. No parking will be allowed in the assembly area; neighborhood street parking only. Please send one member of your party to check-in and we will direct you to your area director. After the Parade Marching Unit Pick Up: Victory in Jesus Church parking lot located on 13538 Powhatan CT near the end of the parade route.
Equestrian Units: You will enter from North Bound Central RD at Powhatan. Your area is at North West corner of Central and Hwy.18 by the fireplace. All equestrian units will be fed into the parade from that point. Equestrian units will disband when they reach Pawnee and Powhatan turn left and proceed to the dirt field on the corner of Powhatan and Del Mar Rd. (Del Mar Rd. is the dirt road just past the storage center.) Or you can ride back to the assembly area if you don’t want to move your trailer.
The parade will step off from the corner of Outer Hwy. 18 and Central Rd. and go west down Outer Hwy. 18 to Pawnee (Mollie’s Country Kitchen), turn left and proceed up Pawnee to Powhatan before disbanding. Do not disband until you reach Powhatan. A Sheriff Deputy will be on site at end of parade to monitor traffic.
End of Parade:
The 2021 Happy Trails Street Fair will be during & after the parade 10AM-2PM. There will be food, street vendors and car/ float viewing area at the end of the parade. Please let us know if you will be participating in both events.
Once the parade is over you will need to coordinate a plan on how to get back to your cars if you parked near the assembly area
A map of area will be sent with instructions 7-10 days prior to the event.
If you have questions, please contact The Village in Apple Valley 760-810-9856