The Village was the original heart of Apple Valley. Today, it is the perfect combination of old and new. It remains the nostalgic core of our community but is experiencing a rebirth in shopping and commerce. True to its roots, The Village is an experience "Where Neighborhood Business is Tradition." The Apple Valley Village Business District offers an advantageous mix of commercial uses including retail stores, service-related businesses, warehousing and light industry. It runs along Highway 18, generally between Navajo Road on the west to Mesquite Road on the east, and from Ottawa Road on the south to as far north as Esaws Avenue.
The Village PBID was established by property owners within the Apple Valley Village business area to provide and manage supplemental services and improvement for this important, historic business center of Town. The PBID is a unique benefit assessment district that enables district property owners, working together, to fund needed property related improvement programs to further enhance business activity and property values. PBID benefits include, but are not limited to, enhanced security, entryway signage, decorative street lighting, landscaping, enhanced sidewalks and crosswalks and creation of a destination atmosphere for shopping, eating and social gatherings. The PBID Board meets on a regular basis to coordinate programs and activities for the Village.
The primary purpose of this corporation is to recognize and fulfill the unique and varied economic interests and needs of Apple Valley Village property owners to accomplish the following specific purposes:
In concert with the Town of Apple Valley, to provide management oversight, directives and setting of priorities for supplemental services and improvements for Apple Valley Village, including a phased streetscape beautification project within the Apple Valley Village Property and Business Improvement District (“PBID”), areas of recognition such as entry treatments, seasonal banners and general enhancements and supplemental public safety services.
Also including, but not limited to the following purposes:
- To actively seek matching grants and funds from the Town of Apple Valley and, where possible, any other agency, entity and funding source.
- To encourage and sustain new development, revitalization, economic 1 growth, and improvement of Apple Valley Village
- To formulate and advance remedies for conditions not considered beneficial to customers, business owners and property owners in Apple Valley Village.
- To effectively develop, market and represent Apple Valley Village as a diverse business community.
- When applicable, to receive, administer and disburse funds in connection with any of the activities related to the above stated purposes.
- To work with governmental entities, civic bodies, community organizations, trade and commerce groups, and local community improvement associations in connection with any activities related to the above specific purposes, or in any enterprise deemed beneficial to Apple Valley Village.